National Iced Tea day is TODAY!!!
Whats better on a scorching hot summer day than a crisp refreshing cup of iced tea! Well, here at Cozy Leaf we believe the best way to quench your thirst is with high quality organic teas! So let me walk you through how to brew a half gallon of Cozy Leaf iced tea.
Some of our favs for iced is Subtle Citrus Fusion (a touch of sweet from the dried stevia leaf that is in the blend), Berry Bliss (also stevia awesomness), Soothing Lemon Wellness (antioxidant packed rooibos), Fit & Active, and who could forget Hibiscus Twist! That's just to mention a few!
What you'll need:
- Pitcher with Ice
- Two Tablespoons of your favorite Cozy Leaf tea
- 1 Quart Mason Jar
- Mason Jar Straining Lid
- Boiling water
- Room temp water
- Place tea leaves in the bottom of your Mason jar
- Fill 1/3 of the way with boiling water (for herbals and black teas) or steaming water (for greens and oolongs)
- Wait 1 minute
- Fill the remaining 2/3 with room temp water
- Wait 5 minutes, or pop the brew in the fridge and let it set up to 4 hours.
- After the steep time, put on your mason jar straining lid and pour the yummy goodness over your pitcher of ice! But the fun doesnt stop there because with high grade loose leaf teas you can double and even triple brew. Meaning, start back with step 2 using the same tea leaves!
Now go ahead and make 2-3 different blends so they are in the refrigerator and ready for any and every guest who pops in throughout the day!
Happy tea time my tea family,
PS: We are working up some yummy videos and pictures of the loose leaf brewing process...stay tuned for the excitement!