How do you wind down at the end of a long day? In the winter, the perfect way for me is with a nice warm cup of Kansas Sunset Chai. However, in the blazing hot summer it is not high on my list! I still crave the delicious and rich chai spice as well as the huge list of health benefits! So I started working with ice cream! I could not be more excited about this creation! And to add to the health benefits and rich flavor, I used date syrup instead of sugar! So whether you are making a treat for yourself, or a big dinner party, grab a bag of Kansas Sunset Chai so you are prepared for the next summertime special event!
Here we go!!!
What you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups of cream
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Kansas Sunset Chai
- 1/4 cup of Date Lady Date Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- Add the cream, milk and Kansas Sunset Chai to a saucepan and bring to slightly under a boil, stirring regularly
- Remove from heat, cover with a lid and let it steep for 30 minutes
- Strain the tea leaves from the milk base, discard the herbs, and return the milk base to a simmer
- Stir in 1/4 cup of Date Lady Date Syrup
- Whisk 2 eggs and add 1 cup of the cream base to the eggs, stir, and then return that mixture to the saucepan (this slow introduction of the heat to the eggs will prevent the eggs from scrambling)
- Stir and remove from heat
- Cool the mixture by using an ice water bath
- Pour through a strainer (to remove any lumps that may have formed) into an ice cream machine bowl.
- Churn to perfection
- Scoop, serve, enjoy!
Its that easy! This also keeps great in the freezer for the next time you want to grab a spoon a sneak a bite when the kids aren't looking! But for those like us, bravo if you consume it all in one sitting, you just saved freezer space!
Have a fabulous summer tea family,