The Cozy Leaf Sleep Ease blend is rich in herbs that contain powerful nervine properties! Meaning they are very calming and soothing to the nervous system! So it's not just your sleepy time tea, it is also a great blend to help calm and bring balance to the central nervous system (check out my recent blog post 10 Reasons Chamomile Tea is Good for Your Health or Chamomile Tea and my Dynamic Duo of Sheep Counting). And what better way to enjoy those herbs than by churning them into delicious ice cream!?! That's what I thought, so I created a simple recipe to enjoy your Sleep Ease tea in ICE CREAM!!
What you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups of cream
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Sleep Ease
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 2 Eggs
- Add the cream, milk and Sleep Ease to a saucepan and bring to slightly under a boil, sturring regularly
- Remove from heat, cover with a lid and let it steep for 30 minutes
- Strain the tea leaves from the milk base, discard the herbs, and return the milk base to a simmer
- Stir in 1/2 cup of honey
- Whisk 2 eggs and add 1 cup of the cream base to the eggs, stir, and then return that mixture to the saucepan (this slow introduction of the heat to the eggs will prevent the eggs from scrambling)
- Stir and remove from heat
- Cool the mixture by using an ice water bath
- Pour through a strainer (to remove any lumps that may have formed) into an ice cream machine bowl.
- Churn to perfection
- Scoop, serve, enjoy!
It doesn't get more delicious than this folks!! I like to brew a pot of hot tea for family after dinner, but every once in a while I get to shake things up and serve ice cream instead of hot tea!
Give it a try and tag us on social media if you post a picture!
Abby (Cozy Leaf founder & owner)